We’ve got some stats and facts ahead of the big North East derby tomorrow. Both sides are coming off of disappointing results (one more than the other). Sunderlands’ brilliant set of results came to an abrupt end last week when they were thrashed by West Brom. Newcastle were two goals up against Wolves however lost their lead and could have lost the game. Let’s see what the Head to Head stats/facts are like for the teams as they head into this crunch clash.
Newcastle Vs Sunderland : Head to Head Facts / Stats
• This will be the 134th league derby match between these clubs. Newcastle have won 51, Sunderland 41 and there have been 41 draws.
• Newcastle are looking to complete the PL double over Sunderland for the third time and the first since 2005-06.
• Newcastle are unbeaten in their last four PL matches against Sunderland. Their only defeat in the last 14 was 2-1 at the Stadium of Light in October 2008 when Djibril Cisse and Kieran Richardson scored the goals.
• Sunderland have not won in the last six PL visits to the Sports Direct Arena, since winning by a 2-1 score line in back-to-back visits in 1999 and 2000. The last came with goals from Don Hutchinson and Niall Quinn after Gary Speed put Newcastle ahead.
• Newcastle have scored in each of their last 19 home league matches against Sunderland, since a 3-0 defeat in October 1966.
Newcastle United Match Stats and Facts on the next page…