Fulham come into the game with back to back wins and will be looking to win their third game in a row. Wolves will be trying to build on their fight back against Newcastle United last weekend by picking up any points they can as they rebound from losing Mick McCarthy as manager.
Fulham Vs Wolves : Head to Head Stats / Facts
• Wolves won 2-0 at home against Fulham on August 21 with goals from Kevin Doyle and Matt Jarvis. This was the second PL match of the season and the club were second in the table with a 100% record after this victory, level on points with leaders Manchester City.
• Wolves are looking to complete the PL double over Fulham for the first time and league double for the first time since 1999-00.
• Fulham’s only win in all seven PL meetings was 2-1 at home in September 2010 with two goals from Moussa Dembele.
• Wolves have failed to win in their last four league visits to Fulham, since a 1-0 victory in the second tier in October 1999 with a Neil Emblen goal.
Read on for Fulham Stats on page 2…
Fulham Stats & Facts
• Martin Jol only previous PL meeting with Wolves was the 2-0 defeat at Molineux earlier this season.
• The club have failed to win in all four PL matches against West Midlands clubs this season – one of five clubs without a win against them in the division. Their last win was 2-0 at Birmingham City in May 2011.
• Unbeaten in their seven PL home matches against West Midlands clubs (5 draws), since a 1-0 defeat to Birmingham in Feb 2010.
• Won four of their seven PL matches in 2012, picking up 13 points. The only London club with a better record this year is Tottenham (14 points).
• Won last two PL matches – their first back-to-back PL victories since April 2011. They last won three in a row from April to May 2008.
• Picked up 22 PL home points this season – only the current top six clubs have a better home record in the division.
• Pavel Pogrebnyak is only the second Fulham player in PL history to score in each of his first two matches for the club after David Healy in August 2007. No Fulham player has ever scored in their opening three matches of the club.
• Dempsey has netted 10 PL goals this season – two short of his record best in a season. He scored 12 PL goals last season.
• Aaron Hughes is set to make his 150th PL appearance for Fulham.
• Former Real Madrid midfielder and Mail international Mahamadou Diarra has joined the club. He has not played since April 2011 for Monaco in Ligue Un, when they were relegated at the end of the season. He won two league titles in four seasons with Real.
• Fulham’s only PL victory outside of London this season came with Mike Jones as referee – 2-0 at Wigan on October 29.
Wolves Stats & Facts
• Won one of their last 12 PL matches – 2-1 at QPR on February 4.
• Conceded 14 goals in their last five PL matches.
• Conceded in each of their last 23 PL matches, since a 0-0 at Aston Villa on August 27. This is their equal-longest top flight streak without a clean sheet since a top flight club record 23-match streak from December 1961 to August 1962. They have never conceded in 24 top flight matches in a row in their history.
• Failed to score once in their last 13 PL matches – the 3-0 home defeat to Liverpool.
• The only club without a goal in the opening 15 minutes of PL matches this season. Their last goal during this period was Steven Fletcher’s 15th minute strike in the 3-1 home win against West Brom in May 2011.
• Have picked up the most points from losing positions (14) in the PL this season.
• Unbeaten in their last five PL away matches – their longest ever run without an away defeat in the PL era and longest in the top flight since February to April 1980. They last went six without defeat during a 10-match run from February to September 1959.
• Both Kevin Doyle and Matt Jarvis have netted in each of the club’s last two PL away matches.
• Steven Fletcher is set to make his 50th PL appearance for the club. He has scored 20 goals – more than any other Wolves player in the PL era. He has 28 career PL goals and is two short of becoming the seventh Scotsman to score 30 PL goals.
• Mike Jones has already refereed a Wolves PL match in London this season – the 1-1 draw at Tottenham on January 14.
Thanks to @InfoStradaLive for the Stats/Facts.