West Bromwich Albion have never been in a run of form like this before. Nine goals in their last two games and a goal difference in those games of +8 is very positive for the Baggies. Chelsea will have to be ready to fight against a team that is looking for its third straight win. With the race for the fourth Champions League spot really hotting up, and potential dropped points between Liverpool and Arsenal, Chelsea will need to try to take the advantage gain some points on their rivals here.
WBA Vs Chelsea : Head to Head
• Chelsea have won 11 out of 11 PL matches against West Brom. Manchester United-Wigan (13) is the only other fixture that has been played more often in the PL era with one team having a 100% record against the other.
• In total, West Brom have lost their last 15 league matches against Chelsea, since a 1-0 home win in March 1979. This is an all-time top flight record for most defeats in a row against another in the division.
• Chelsea have scored 31 goals against West Brom in the PL era, more than any other club against the Baggies.
• Chelsea have won their last eight PL visits to the Hawthorns, scoring 21 goals and conceding five.
West Bromwich Albion : Stats and Facts
• Manager Roy Hodgson has won one of his last nine PL matches against Chelsea (7 defeats) – his Liverpool side winning 2-0 at home in November 2010. He failed to win in all five West London derbies against them whilst at Fulham (1 draw, 4 defeats).
• The club have lost all four PL matches against Big Four clubs this season – the only side in the division without a single point against them. They have lost their last five in total since a 2-1 home win against Liverpool in April 2011.
• The Liverpool victory was their only one in the last 13 PL matches against Big Four opposition at The Hawthorns (11 defeats) including losing the last three.
• Won their last two PL matches – 5-1 and 4-0. It was the first time they had won two consecutive top flight games by a margin of at least four goals in 76 years.
• Scored more goals in their last two PL matches than in the previous eight combined.
• Looking to win back-to-back PL home matches for the first time in 10 months, since beating Villa and Everton in April and May 2011.
• Picked up 11 home points compared with 21 away from home this season.
• Haven’t won a PL match at The Hawthorns in the month of March for seven years, since beating Birmingham City 2-0 in March 2005.
• Peter Odemwingie has scored five goals in his last two PL matches. He is one away from becoming the first West Brom player to score a milestone 25 PL goals for the club.
• Odemwingie has five PL goals in 2012 – only Arsenal’s Robin van Persie (6) has more goals this year.
• Have the best disciplinary record in the division this season with 32 cards. Today’s opponents Chelsea have the worst with 60 cards.
• Phil Dowd (79) has handed out more cards than any other referee in the PL this season.
Read on for Chelsea Facts and Stats…